Monday, November 15, 2010

The Beauty of His Majesty


Today I was summoned by two of my students, “Ms. Roberson! You have to come outside, there’s something really cool happening right now!” I rushed out the door filled with high expectations, but I was not prepared for what I was about to experience. “Ms. Roberson, look at the sun!” one yelled in amazement. I looked up and saw one of the most magnificent things. It was a sun halo. Personally, I’ve never seen one in my whole life and they are rare, at least one at this caliber. I rushed back into my classroom to grab my camera and phone. I wanted to call and text everybody. I didn’t want anyone to miss this experience! I snapped pictures of it while I was dialing everyone’s number. My students began to ask, “Is the world ending?...Is Jesus on his way?” I chuckled. Actually that thought never came to my mind. When I looked at it all I could do was stand in awe. My heart began to sing His praises.

Many times when I’m caught by His beauty I automatically break into song, especially at night when I look at the stars. I can’t help but sing Oh Lord my God. When I in awesome wonder. Consider all the works Thy hands hath made. I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder. Thy power throughout the universe displayed. Then sings my soul my Savior, God to Thee. How great Thou art. How great thou art… Sights like the sun halo, stars that we see every night, sunrises, and sunsets…I can’t help but be in awe of His beauty. Every glimpse I’m seeing is a glimpse of who He is. I’m seeing His character. AMAZING!!!! Today when I literally couldn’t stop looking at the sun halo, I started singing...Powerful so powerful, Your glory fills the sky. Your mighty works displayed for all to see. The beauty of Your majesty awakes my heart to sing. How marvelous, how wonderful You are!.....My soul, my soul must sing. My soul, my soul must sing. My soul, my soul must sing BEAUTIFUL ONE!

Now anyone who saw this beauty displayed, stood in amazement. I was thinking, “Wow. God, You are so amazing. To make something this gorgeous, I’m in awe.” Later as I kept singing Beautiful One, I began to think even deeper. Knowing what causes a sun halo (Google it folks. I teach 4th grade, not high school!) with the ice crystals and clouds and all that, I wonder if it wasn’t all of God’s construction? We know that God spoke things into existence and things were brought forth. He didn’t necessarily say I want to make a rose and it will have thorns and have green leaves…they’ll have different colors and have an appealing smell. No, He spoke to the earth and it brought forth millions of striking creations! So, could it be that what I was looking at was an act of worship. Just God’s creation doing what it was supposed to do. The sun joined with a certain type of cloud (cirrus clouds) with these ice crystals and formed this most glorious sight. This made me think, if this breath taking sight came from things that God spoke into existence, what am I creating? I mean, I actually carry the breath of God. Can I actually say that my worship is creating such an experience?


Exactly 2 weeks ago it was reported that there was a sun halo in South Africa. Which makes me wonder if this wave is traveling throughout Africa? Hmm… What would happen if we joined that wave?...my soul my soul must sing. My soul, my soul must sing. My soul, my soul must sing BEAUTIFUL ONE!

Delicia Roberson, Worship Pastor

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is powerful Pastor Delicia...actually when i got your text and went outside and just to find such a wonderful image..I FEARED GOD IN MY HEART!!!!Who is He this King of Glory? The lord Almight,He is the KING OF GLORY...

    ReplyDelete